Definition of block copolymer
: a copolymer that is made up of a series of blocks of simpler polymers The Akron polymer system is essentially an extension of a block copolymer of styrene and dienes (e.g., isoprene, butadiene) developed in the early 1960s … — Chemical Week
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?