blend inphrasal verb
blended in; blending in; blends in
Definition of blend in
1 : to look like things nearby The fish settles on the sandy ocean bottom where it blends in perfectly.
2 : to look like one belongs with a particular group She tried to blend in by dressing like the other girls. —often + with I've always found it difficult to blend in with my peers.
3 : to add (something) to a mixture or substance and mix it thoroughly Mix the first three ingredients together, then blend in the cream. Blend the white paint in last.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?