Definition of blast zone
: a region or area where a destructive explosion or detonation has occurred Today, Spirit Lake lies at the heart of the blast zone—the 230 square miles of forest that were buried, drowned, or scorched by the volcano.— Christine Colasurdo, Bird Watcher's Digest, March/April 1996 … to control drone aircraft that flew into blast zones and took atmospheric readings in the U.S. Pacific atomic bomb testing programs.— Michael Kelly, San Angelo (Texas) Standard-Times, 5 Oct. 2012
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game