Definition of blanking interval
: vertical blanking interval The information, which Antiope transmits through an unused part of the tv broadcast signal, called the blanking interval, is sent in coded form and visually displayed as the full picture on the screen.— Willie Schatz, Datamation, 1980
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game