Definition of blanket roll
1 : a cylindrical pack made up of kit or accessories rolled in bedding and often in an outer water-resistant cover (such as a shelter half or poncho) and used especially by hikers and the military
2 : a method of cheating at craps involving the throwing of the dice so that they will rotate only on their horizontal axes
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?