Definition of blank determination
: a determination in analytical chemistry made as nearly as possible under the same conditions as a true determination but with the omission of the substance to be tested for the purpose of ascertaining the effect due to associated factors (such as impurities in the reagents) — compare control experiment
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game