Definition of blade server
: a computer server designed to be used as a modular part of a larger assembly To minimize lag, CCP started using hundreds of blade servers—thin computers that sit vertically on special racks, like books on a shelf—and solid-state drives, which are much faster than the traditional spinning hard-disk drives.— Erico Guizzo
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game