Definition of bladder senna
1 : any of several leguminous shrubs of the genus Colutea especially : a yellow-flowered European shrub (C. arborescens) cultivated for its flowers and bladdery pod and as a source of wildlife food
2 : a southern African shrub (Sutherlandia frutescens) with a much-inflated pod
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game