Definition of blackwood
(Entry 1 of 2)
: any of several hardwood trees (such as Acacia melanoxylon and Dalbergia latifolia of the legume family) or their dark-colored wood
Definition of Blackwood (Entry 2 of 2)
William 1776–1834 Scottish publisher
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?