variants: or less commonly black-nosed dace \ ˈ⸗ˌ⸗- \
Definition of blacknose dace
: a common North American dace (Rhinichthys atronasus or Atratulus atronasus) with a black stripe along either side passing from the base of the tail to the tip of the nose
— called also striped dace
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?