Definition of black partridge
: a francolin (Francolinus francolinus) that is now restricted to southern Asia though formerly extending into southern Europe and that is distinguished by the black plumage of the male
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game