Definition of black marlin
: a billfish (Makaira indica) of the Pacific and Indian Oceans that is dark blue above and silvery white below, may reach a length of about 15 feet (4.6 meters) and a weight of 1,650 pounds (748 kilograms), and is a popular sport fish
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game