Definition of black huckleberry
1 : a rather low shrub (Gaylussacia baccata) of eastern North America that produces a shining black somewhat acid drupe and that is the best known of the huckleberries
2 : the fruit of the black huckleberry broadly : any huckleberry black in color — compare dangleberry
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game