Definition of black cottonwood
1 : a tree (Populus trichocarpa) of the Pacific coast of North America with dark green leaves shining above and rusty or silvery beneath
2 : swamp cottonwood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game