Definition of black cabbage
: tuscan kale If you can't find black cabbage—also known as dinosaur kale or cavolo nero—you can substitute green kale.— Carla Spartos, New York Post, 13 Jan. 2010 … pot-roasted partridge goes beautifully with pancetta, black cabbage and onions.— James Suckling, Wine Spectator, 28 Feb. 1997
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game