Definition of black bullhead
: a small dusky greenish brown to black bullhead (Ameiurus melas) having a flattened head and plump body and being widely distributed chiefly in sluggish waters in much of temperate North America
— called also horned pout
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game