Definition of bivy bag
- All night the rain came in wind-lashed waves that hammered at the nylon bivy bag …
- —Craig Medred, Anchorage Daily News, 30 Sept. 1990
- I was comfortably warm in my sleeping bag and bivvy bag …
- —Clive Tully, Geographical Magazine, March 1990
- I crawled back to my bike and unhooked my survival kit—a bivy sack, sleeping bag and foam pad.
- —Jill Homer, Juneau (Alaska) Empire, 16 Mar. 2008
- This well-designed, compact bivvy sack is easy to slide into and protects best when temperatures are above 9C.
- —Toronto Star, 16 Aug. 2008