Definition of bittering agent
- The Sumerians flavored their beer with honey, while Europeans flavored and preserved their beer with a bittering agent such as hops.
- —Bill Yenne, The American Brewery, 2003
- Some pesticide makers thought putting a bittering agent into the poisons would make rats less likely to eat the products …
- —Robert McClure, MSNBC.com, 22 Dec. 2010
- The vast majority of automotive antifreeze contains ethylene glycol, though some contains a bittering agent to eliminate the sweet taste.
- —Steven Cole Smith, Orlando Sentinel, 15 Apr. 2011