Definition of bitter vetch
: any of several reputedly bitter or toxic vetches: such as
a : ers
b : chickling
c : an erect glabrous European vetch (Lathyrus montanus) with creeping and tuberous rhizomes
d : a western North American vetch (Lathyrus lanszwertii) with narrow coriaceous leaflets and pale lavender to pinkish violet flowers
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game