Definition of bitter dock
: a European dock (Rumex obtusifolius) having broad obtuse leaves and bitter rootstocks that is very common as a weed in the U.S.
— called also broad-leaved dock, yellow dock
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game