Definition of bismuth telluride
: a semiconductor Bi2Te3 used especially in thermoelectric devices One of the best bulk thermoelectric compounds is bismuth telluride, but it can't be integrated with silicon using conventional chip-fabrication technology.— Alexander A. Balandin, IEEE Spectrum, October 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game