Definition of bismuth subgallate
: a basic salt obtained as a bright yellow powder usually by reaction of hydrated bismuth oxide with gallic acid and used chiefly as a dusting powder in treating skin diseases (such as eczema)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game