Definition of biscuit joiner
: a tool that cuts slots in boards for biscuit joints The naysayers state that a biscuit joint is a shortcut to get out of making an arguably stronger and more time-consuming joint: the mortise and tenon. Then there's the biscuit joiner users who are rolling on the floor laughing. — Popular Woodworking, November 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game