plural birth charts
Definition of birth chart
astrology : a document describing all of the possible astrological influences on a subject based on the precise time and place of the subject's birth After years of reading your sun sign's horoscope and nothing else, having your birth chart read can be downright illuminating. Suddenly, you aren't just one solitary sign, but a complex being made up of many planetary signs and points.— Sara Coughlin The planets in one's horoscope are archetypal symbols, and the birth chart itself is said to be a unique "map of our soul," that can illuminate our self-awareness of who we are.— Larry Schwimmer
— called also natal chart
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game