Definition of bird's-eye spot
: a disease of plants characterized by round dark spots with lighter surrounding tissue suggesting the appearance of a bird's eye: such as
a : a disease of tea leaves caused by a fungus (Cercospora theae)
b : a leaf spot of the Hevea rubber tree caused by a fungus (Helminthosporium heveae)
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game