bi·ont | \ ˈbīˌänt\
Definition of biont
(Entry 1 of 2)
-biontnoun combining form
-bi·ont | \ ¦bīˌänt, ēˌänt\
Definition of -biont (Entry 2 of 2)
: one having a (specified) mode of life aerobiont
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?