Definition of bioleaching
: the extraction of valuable metals (such as copper and gold) from ores through the action of microorganisms (such as bacteria) Until now bioleaching, as the process is known, has been held back by the leisurely pace at which bacteria munch …— Burt Chardak, Miami Herald, 24 May 1992 Bacteria have been used to extract other metals from ore, in a process called bio-leaching.— Lynn Dicks, New Scientist, 17 Apr. 2004
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game