Definition of bioclimatic law
: a statement in ecology: phenological events in temperate North America are generally altered about 4 days for each change of 5° of latitude northward, 5° of longitude eastward, or 400 feet of altitude upward, the vernal alteration being retardation (as of flowering), the autumnal being acceleration (as of leaf fall)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game