Definition of billow cloud
: a long narrow cloud or usually a series of such clouds roughly parallel to each other caused by the flow of one layer of air over another producing waves at their interface the relatively cold crests of which are cloud-capped and their relatively warm troughs clear when the humidity is just right
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game