bill of storenoun
Definition of bill of store
1 : a license formerly granted at the customhouse to merchants to carry stores and provisions necessary for a voyage custom free
2 : a license permitting the reimportation of exported dutiable goods
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game