bil·bo·quet | \ ˌbilbəˈket\
Definition of bilboquet
: a device having a cup or spike at the top of a stick to which is attached a ball on a string also : the game of maneuvering the device so as to catch the ball in the cup or on the spike — compare cup and ball
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game