Definition of bilaterian
- Scientists refer to animals, including humans, with this two-sided symmetry as bilaterians.
- —Carl Zimmer, New York Times, 21 June 2005
- Comb jellies and cnidarians branched off before bilaterians diversified into the variety of animal groups known today, and they are considered relatively “simple” organisms.
- —Elizabeth Pennisi, Science, 6 July 2007
- bilaterian animals
- … it is possible that bilaterian life emerged early in the Ediacaran, but at present, no fossils or trace fossils from this time have been reported.
- —Ernesto Pecoits et al., Science, 29 June 2012