big·e·lowia | \ ˌbi-gə-ˈlō-ē-ə\
Definition of bigelowia
1 capitalized : a genus of herbaceous or shrubby plants (family Compositae) with alternate linear or lanceolate leaves and flower heads arranged in corymbs
2 plural -s : a plant of the genus Bigelowia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?