Definition of big-up
- But “Thank You,” which big-ups the Lord, and “Greetings From NY,” which features his 12-year-old son, show Badlands focused on religion and home rather than thug life.
- —Justin Hampton, Spin, March 2006
- Then he gets around to big-upping the city's (and, as of two days prior, America's) favorite Democratic son.
- —Josh Modell, Spin, August 2008
- Celebs … big-up her clothes.
- —Alexandra Phanor, Vibe, June 2002
- A natural charmer, Drake … big-ups the kinds of details most men miss: perfectly done hair and heel-and-handbag combos.
- —Josh Eells, Rolling Stone, 24 June 2010