Definition of biergarten
: beer garden The cabbie drops us at a massive old aristocratic house that's been a biergarten for 200 years. … Five acres of outside picnic tables sit filled with exactly four customers.— Mancow Muller et al., Dad, Dames, Demons, and a Dwarf: My Trip Down, 2003 The club is in the historic district, miles from the biergartens where their comrades fill themselves with liters of pale pilsner and oily sausage …— Steve Almond, My Life In Heavy Metal: Stories, 2003 … Main Street filled up with gift shops and German restaurants and biergartens … — Wine Spectator, 15 June 2005
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?