biblia abibliaplural noun (1)
bi·blia a·bi·blia | \ ¦bi-blē-ə-(ˈ)ā-¦bi-blē-ə\
Definition of biblia abiblia
(Entry 1 of 2)
: volumes of no humanist interest or worth
Biblia pauperumplural noun (2)
Bi·blia pau·pe·rum | \ ˈbi-blē-(ˌ)ä-ˈpau̇-pə-ˌru̇m, -blē-ə-, -ˈpȯ-pə-rəm\
Definition of Biblia pauperum (Entry 2 of 2)
: one of a class of biblical picture books that depicted important scriptural events and were used in medieval and somewhat later times as a means of instructing large numbers of people in the Christian faith
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game