bib shortsplural noun
Definition of bib shorts
: an article of clothing worn chiefly by bicyclists which consists of tight-fitting shorts that extend upwards on the torso and two straps that pass over the shoulders Bib shorts may look ridiculous, but with their inbuilt padding they are the most comfortable for anyone planning a long ride or week-long cycling holiday. — Charles Starmer-Smith, Daily Telegraph (London), 24 July 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game