Definition of bib necklace
: a necklace with a broad front section that covers part of the chest … immense bib necklaces encrusted with precious stones.— Carolyn Purden, Toronto Star, 27 Feb. 1988 This dramatic piece of jewelry consisted of multi-strands of pearls overlaying a bib necklace of rhinestones.— Mary Tomer, Mrs. O: The Face of Fashion Democracy, 2009 MARNI is known for its inventive, statement-making jewelry, and this silk hand-embroidered bib necklace with beading … is no exception.— Chelsea Zalopany, New York Times, 28 Nov. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game