Definition of bharta
- Among the vegetables, the … bharta eggplant was beguilingly spiced …
- —Florence Fabricant, New York Times, 10 May 1981
- While many diners visit an Indian restaurant because they crave a lamb vindaloo or an eggplant bharta or another familiar standard, the predictable list of dishes offered locally hardly represents the rich variety of the Indian kitchen.
- —Robert Shoffner, Washingtonian, November 1994
- The eggplant bhartha, cooked down with ginger and garlic into almost a paste, was smooth and musky, to the point that it could be considered more of a dip than a dish.
- —Sarah Musgrave, The Gazette (Montreal), 7 Jan. 2006
- Try the silken eggplant bhurta that is baked over an open flame, then mashed with sautéed onions …
- —Mimi Sheraton, New York Times, 30 Nov. 1979