Definition of bhangra
: popular dance music originating chiefly in the Punjabi community in Britain and marked by features of traditional Punjabi music and of disco Bhangra meshes traditional-style Punjabi songs and drumming with electronic rhythms, bringing a modernized taste of the old country to dancers with Indian and Pakistani roots.— Jon Pareles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game