beyond/outside the bounds of possibilityidiom
Definition of beyond/outside the bounds of possibility
: not possible : unable to be done or to happen You shouldn't worry about things that are beyond the bounds of possibility.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game