beyond someone's reachidiom
Definition of beyond someone's reach
1 : not close enough to be touched or picked up by someone The ball was beyond her reach.
2 : not within someone's power to do or achieve Our budget is strained, so buying a new car is beyond our reach right now.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game