be·write | \ bi-ˈrīt, bē-\
bewrote\ bi-ˈrōt , bē- \; bewritten\ bi-ˈri-tᵊn , bē- \; bewriting; bewrites
Definition of bewrite
: to write about a public figure who has been much bewritten in the newspapers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?