Definition of beshit
: to soil (someone or something) with excrement The boat they left was stunk up and beshat with pigs and chickens and that comrade we buried.— Ernest Hemingway, Islands In The Stream, 1970 Their horses were … beshat greenly across the hindquarters …— Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain, 2006 On Sunday we brought the cats over. En route, one threw up all over her carrier, and a second beshat herself.— Julie Powell, Julie and Julia, 2005 But, you see, a traumatized child as I was once, long ago, and one who recovers, as I did, has a wall between him and pain and despair, between himself and grief, between himself and beshitting himself.— Harold Brodkey, New Yorker, 7 Feb. 1994
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?