be·sa | \ ˈbā-sə\
plural bese\ ˈbā-(ˌ)sā \ or besas
Definition of besa
1a : a coin issued from 1909 to 1921 for use in Italian Somaliland where it was worth ¹/₁₀₀ of a rupia
b : a corresponding unit of value the circulation of 2-besa and 4-besa coins
2a : a copper coin formerly used in Ethiopia where it was worth ¹/₁₀₀ of a talari
b : a corresponding unit of value a ¹/₂-besa coin was struck
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?