ben·zene·di·a·zo·ni·um | \ ˌben-ˌzēn-ˌdī-ə-ˈzō-nē-əm\
Definition of benzenediazonium
: a univalent cation C6H5N2 + known best in the form of crystalline explosive salts (such as the chloride C6H5N2Cl made by reaction of aniline hydrochloride and nitrous acid)
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?