Definition of benzene series
: a series of liquid and solid aromatic hydrocarbons containing the benzene ring of which benzene is the simplest member and toluene the next higher member and from which hydrocarbons with condensed rings (such as naphthalene) are sometimes excluded
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game