bench·man | \ ˈbench-mən\
Definition of benchman
: one that works at a bench: such as
a : a repairer of shoes
b : one that cleans, fits, assembles, tests, or repairs component parts of a product
c : a bakery worker who prepares dough for baking by kneading, shaping, weighing, and placing in pans
d : a chemist who performs laboratory tests during the processing of sugar
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game