belly up tophrasal verb
bellied up to; bellying up to; bellies up to
Definition of belly up to
: to walk to or toward (something) —usually used in the phrase belly up to the bar.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game