Definition of belly lox
: salmon that has been cured in brine … for his part, Hillman introduces his wife to belly lox.— Patricia Morrisroe, New York Magazine, 2 Feb. 1987 Rich belly lox … is made by a wet-curing process, in which the filets are submerged in brine and thus have a moist texture; cream cheese tempers its salinity.— Dana Bowen, Saveur, June/July 2008
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game